Blogs

because complaining and ranting on facebook gets tiring

Friday, July 24, 2015

Post #6 "wheeling 102"

On my most recent wheeling trip; which was during winter time, I was the the trailguide for the group since I knew the trail system well and had the most experience (I'm not a veteran or anything I just happened to have the most experience out of the group) wheeling. There were 2 or 3 guys that have never been wheeling before and the rest of them have maybe 3 or less trips under their belt, no big deal. We did a lot of blues that had bypasses or were easy enough to get through for a first timer given a spotter...Anyway, I'm not going to bore you with details about the trip, I'm writing this post to give tips to first timers and/or guys with less experience...

First off, skid plates. Use them, even if you dont want to, you will, whether you like it or not. Reason I say this; at one point during the trip I was spotting the 2 first timers through the toughest part of the trail. I later heard that the guy in the first Jeep wasn't happy with my spotting because he hit a rock after I was done spotting him through the hard part because I moved my attention to the 2nd first-timer so he can get through the tough part. Rocks happen, you're offroading, you can't expect the spotter to spot you all the way down the rest of the trail that's dirt and gravel with one large rock that could've easily been avoided. So yeah, skid plates, that's what they are there for, don't be afraid to use them...stay tune until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment