Blogs

because complaining and ranting on facebook gets tiring

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Offroading in NY causing smug

smug
adjective
adjective: smug; comparative adjective: smugger; superlative adjective: smuggest
having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.



Seem like in the recent months, the local offroading community has become a victim of smug. I believe there are some key events that have led to this smug problem, but I won't mention any specifics as some individuals may become butthurt. I remember when I first started wheeling and meeting more and more people from the offroading community, young and old, guys new like me and some veterans, everyone got along. Fast forward...

These once new wheelers now are finally all grown up with better paying jobs (or a better line of credit) and are finally able to afford bigger and better thing like tow rigs, daily drivers, being part of organized offroad clubs, etc. Since all this has happened, this big dark cloud seems to have grown and lingered over the local offroad community. It seems like even newer guys that haven't been doing it that long have somehow developed a smug problem. Social media is partially to blame since it magnifies the problem by 100x. Maybe everyone is in on a competition that I don't know about, after all, I wasn't around for a year or so. I'll end it here before I go into details



No comments:

Post a Comment